Soal & Kunci Jawaban Reading Comprehension – Salah satu cara untuk melatih reading comprehension, tentunya selain dengan membaca adalah dengan mengerjakan soal. Untuk meningkatkan kemampuan Anda dalam reading comprehension, berikut kami sertakan contoh-contoh soal reading comprehension yang bisa menjadi bagian penting dalam latihan Anda.
The text in the following reading comprehension for number 1 to 5 was taken from jakartapost.com
Here is the complete link: http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2016/09/02/exercises-to-help-you-prepare-for-labor-and-delivery.html
Kegel exercise is a type of pelvic floor exercise that helps strengthen your vaginal, uterus, bladder and bowel muscles. Strengthening your pelvic floor muscles provides better support for these organs and can help to prevent or treat urinary stress incontinence. According to many studies, having good control of pelvic floor muscles can help during the pushing stage of labour. If you can voluntarily relax those muscles, delivering your baby might be easier. Kegel is simple to perform. You can do it during daily activities like watching TV or sitting in front of your laptop. Here are the basic steps:
– Locate your Kegel muscles. One way to locate the correct muscle is by inserting a finger into the vagina, and trying to squeeze the muscles surrounding it. Or you can practice stopping the flow of urine when urinating. But you shouldn’t do this too often during urination, to avoid weakening the muscles or raising the chances of urinary infection.
– Practice the steps. Once you have located your pelvic floor muscles, contract the muscles for five seconds, then relax and repeat 10-20 times.
– Breathing. Breathe normally during the exercises, and do this at least three times a day. Try not to move your legs, buttocks, or abdominal muscles during the exercises.
1. Here are the advantages of kegel exercise, except…..
a. It helps strengthen vaginal, uterus, bladder and bowel muscles.
b. It helps to strengthen arms, neck, head, fingers, and toes.
c. It helps to prevent or treat urinary stress incontinence.
d. It strengthens pelvic floor muscles provides better support for these organs.
2. According to the tex, how many steps should we follow to do kegel exercise?
a. one step.
b. two steps.
c. three steps.
d. four steps.
3. Why should not we practice stopping the flow of urine when urinating in kegel exercise?
a. It can make delivering baby easier than another way.
b. It can affect the urine system in our body.
c. It can make the pushing stage of our labour.
d. It can emerge chances of urinary infection.
4. In the second steps of kegel exercise, when we have located your pelvic floor muscles, how long do we need to contract the muscles?
a. twenty seconds
b. twenty minutes
c. ten minutes
d. five seconds
5. Which of the following statement is true according to the text?
a. Kegel exercise is not as simple as the description.
b. Kegel exercise does not contribute to delivering baby process.
c. We cannot do kegel exercise at once we are watching TV.
d. we can do kegel exercise at once we are sitting in front of our laptop.
The text in the following reading comprehension for number 6 to 10 was taken from jakartapost.com
Here is the complete link: http://www.thejakartapost.com/travel/2016/09/04/ultra-marathon-aimed-at-promoting-lake-toba-samosir.html
Ultra Marathon Aimed at Promoting Lake Toba, Samosir
For a second time, North Sumatra is set to host the Samosir Lake Toba Ultra Marathon on Sept. 17. The race will begin at Sitio-tio Hotel and end at the Menara Pandang observatory, said to be the best spot for viewing Lake Toba.
Up to 1,050 runners from 16 countries will join the competition, which is divided into four categories: 50 kilometers, 25 km, 10 km and 5 km, with a winning prize of 125 million rupiah (US$9,468). Several government officials will reportedly join the race, including Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, Tourism Minister Arief Yahya, Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) chairman Thomas Lembong and Financial Services Authority (OJK) chairman Muliaman Hadad.
H3 is mostly run by people working in the financial industry. Around 40 percent of the members are of North Sumatra’s Batak ethnic group. In addition to the ultra marathon, H3 has held other sport events this year to promote tourism in the region, such as cycling event Toba GranFondo, a fun walk and golf competition. (kes)
6. Where is Toba Lake located?
a. South Sumatra.
b. North Sumatra.
c. West Sumatra.
7. Where is the best spot for viewing Lake Toba?
a. Sitio-tio Hotel
b. Hilton Hotel
c. Menara Pandang observatory
d. Samosir Island.
8. What does the text mainly discuss?
a. There will be a running competition in North Sumatra.
b. There will be a cultural exhibition in Toba Lake.
c. Ultra marathon will be held to promote Toba Lake.
d. Government officials will join ultra marathon around Toba Lake.
9. Which one of the following government officials is not mentioned in the text?
a. Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister
b. Education and Culture Minister
c. Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) chairman
d. Financial Services Authority (OJK) chairman
10. What were the other sport events held to promote tourism?
a. Toba GranFondo, fun walk, and golf competition.
b. Tennis competition, fun run, and cycling event.
c. Cycling event, fun run, and golf competition.
d. Cyvling event, Toba GranFondo and tennis competition.