Contoh Soal Reading Comprehension Narrative Text & Kunci Jawaban – Narrative Text is a text which contains a story or a description of series of events. Teks Narrative adalah sebuah teks yang mengandung sebuah cerita atau menggambarkan urutuan beberapa kejadian. Narrative Text dapat dipahami jika kita sering membaca cerita dengan jenis teks tersebut dan berlatih mengerjakan soal tentang teks Narrative. Berikut adalah contoh soal Reading Comprehension Narrative Text dan kunci jawabannya.
Read the story of Dini and answer the following questions.
Dini the Heroine
Dono and Dini were twins. Although is the older brother and Dini was the younger sister, Dini was always a head taller and five kilos heavier than him when they were growing up. The other bad thing to Dono was that Dini was the biggest kid in class, while he was the smallest. Kids in class had continually made fun of his size and lack of athletic ability. They would say, ‘Hey Don! Your twin sister still beat you up?’ Or they would chant again and again at the school canteen, ‘Dono, Dono is so small, but his sister is so tall.’ Dono believed that chant was hurtful to him and Dini, but he only felt his own. He took no notice of his sister’s feelings. When the kids made jokes about her, like calling her ‘little Dini’ for describing the reality of the bigness of his twin sister’s body, it was even a relief for him not being the target of the jokes, and he did nothing to stop the kids. Nothing seemed to bother Dini, Dono thought. He just assumed that her feeling was as tough as her body. That was until the day she snapped.
There was a new girl, Yeni, who wore a thick glasses, and without them was nearly blind. The latest chant that the kids had come up with was ‘Yeni’s small and fat, and blind as a bat’.
One day at a lunch time, Dini and Yeni were standing together in line. Suddenly, Tomi, a student from my class, ran up behind Yeni amd snatched her glassed off her face. Everyone began the chant as they carelessly tossed her glasses down the line.
Dono watched Dini’s face as it was happening. There seemed to be an anger brewing behind her eyes. Tomi had gotten the glasses back and was waving them aroud the air. That’s when it happened. With one hand, Dini grabbed the glasses from him and with the other hand, she hit him in the face with such force that he fell over. Everyone froze in shock for a second until Tomi screamed ‘Get her!’ Some different students rushed toward Dini. She held the glasses up as if to protect them and looked panicved until she made eye contact with Dono. ‘Dini! Here!’ Dono screamed, gesturing that she throw him the glasses. She tossed the glasses to him, and he caught them. She then faced the students who were rushing toward her. She skillfully defended herself by knoking them down one at a time as they approached her. She stopped fighting only when no one else dared move toward her.
Dono brought the glasses over and gave them to Tomi. ‘Say sorry and give Yeni back the glasses’, he told Tomi. The naugthy boy said nothing. Dini then glared over him and said ‘Say you are sorry and give her back her glasses’ as she dragged him over to Yeni. ‘S-s-sorry…’ , said Tomi as he handed her the glasses. Yeni took them and her eyes round with shock.[sc:ads]
Someone started clapping at that time. it was quiet at first, then almost everyone joined in. the day marked a change for them all.
Answer the following questions.
1. Who were the twins?
2. Did both of them have the same built?
3. Why did Dono’s friends make fun of his size? How?
4. Did they do the same to Dini? How?
5. Who bullied Yeni?
6. What kind of bullies did she get?
7. How did Dini react with what was happening?
8. What did she do?
9. How did Dono participate in the action?
10. How could Dini make Tomi to say sorry to Yeni?
(Source: Passport to the World a Fun and Easy English Book)
1. The twins were Dini and Dono.
2. No, they did not.
3. Because Dono is the smallest student in his class and lack of athletic ability. His friends said ‘Hey Don! Your twin sister still beat you up?’ or ‘Dono, Dono is so small, but his sister is so tall’.
4. Yes, they did. They said ‘little Dini’ to Dini.
5. The kids that made jokes of Dono and Doni bullied Yeni.
6. The kids said ‘Yeni’s small and fat, and blind as a bat’ and they took the glasses of Yeni.
7. Dini was very angry.
8. ‘She hit the kids who took Yeni’s glasses.
9. Dini gave the glasses to Dono. He gave the glasses to Tomi and asked him to give the glasses back to Yeni.
10. Dini glared over Tomi and said ‘Say you are sorry and give her back her glasses’ as she dragged him over to Yeni.
Demikianlah contoh soal Reading Comprehension Narrative Text dan kunci jawabannya. Semoga dapat dipahami dengan baik dan dapat bermanfaat bagi teman – teman semua. Terima kasih.